Use in conjunction with Map and please drive with care and at a reasonable speed. On the Estate Roads, you will encounter numerous vehicles and motorbikes swerving left and right at all times……….. This is Kampong country. At night, look out for possible ghosts!
- Drive NORTH or SOUTH along the North-South Highway ...
- Take Exit No 126 to Slim River Toll Gate.
- Pay your shekels for the benefit of using the Highway, drive until you come to a set of Traffic lights and take a LEFT to Old Slim River town.
- Drive for 3 km until you arrive at a set of Traffic Lights. Keep RIGHT to turn RIGHT. ( Across the Traffic Lights you will observe a Shell petrol station. If you are low on gas you’d better gas up now.
- At the Traffic Lights ZERO your Odometer ( the thingy that measures kilometers on your dashboard) …
- Turn RIGHT at the traffic lights and drive on…You will cross a large Bridge over the twin track railway line at Slim River.
- Refer to your driving Map and take note of the running distances in kilometers from the lights at Slim River for reference to various landmarks given on the Map.
- 6.0 km – You arrive at a tiny round-a –about with a sign board. Take a LEFT to United Plantations Estate ( UP ). (Right takes you to Klapa Bali Estate.)
- 8.8 km - You arrive at a Guard Post. This is UP’s Lima Blas estate Police guard Post. Wave and smile at the ‘Man’ and tell him you’re going to the BERNAM RIVER AIRPORT.
- 10.0 km - You arrive at a cross roads, Bear RIGHT and continue. Do not enter the estate road.
- 11.0 km - Observe a Gravel Airstrip on your right side. This is UP’s Lima Blas Strip.
- 12.0 km - Note a very tiny blue tin shack on the left. This is a Police Pondok. Don’t get arrested for trying to take a ‘ piss’ here (!). Continue straight ahead… The road narrows. You will now pass kampong SKC with houses on the right. DRIVE SLOWLY… past the kampong and GIVE WAY !
- 13.0 km - You will approach a concrete bridge over a river. Cross the Bridge.
- 13.5 km - IMMEDIATELY after crossing the Bridge, turn LEFT onto a narrow Road. Note the river is now on your left hand side.
- 15.0 km - LOOKOUT on the RIGHT side for a WHITE Gate.
Show your ID to the Guard and enter through the Gate… YOU HAVE ARRIVED AT THE BERNAM RIVER AIRPORT
Source Material: EAA Malaysia
(The road route can be seen on Google Earth by downloading the files available from the right hand panel box)